Briefing event to outline the Endoscopy Challenge and expected outcomes
Endoscopy waiting lists in Wales continue to face significant pressure. During the height of the pandemic the provision of diagnostic, therapeutic and surveillance endoscopy services were extremely challenged with a significant increase in those awaiting a procedure. Today, even as capacity returns slowly towards normal, the overall numbers of patients awaiting a procedure continues to grow.
The Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (UHB) are looking to offer the opportunity to rapidly assess and develop novel solutions and technologies that have the potential to accelerate disruptive innovation in reducing the burden of work on endoscopy suites. This could cover several areas such as (but not limited to):
● New training methods to upskill Health Care Professionals to improve the quality of referrals and increase workforce capacity
● New endoscopy procedures and approaches
● Faster decontamination/cleaning/workflow systems
● Development and/or implementation of new non-invasive technology
● AI/advance analytics to monitor, manage and signpost patients on the waiting list
A virtual briefing event is to be held at 13:00 on Tuesday 16th August 2022. Please register to reserve your space. A recording of the event will be made available should you be unable to attend.
At this event, you will find out more about this challenge and how to apply with guest speakers from the Cardiff Capital Region (CCR) and Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.